Education & Career Development
Education and Career Development at CWW focuses on the interactions of gender and experience in education and career development programs, and how these interactions affect career outcomes and advancement. We are particularly interested in girls and women’s experiences studying and working in nontraditional roles and professions, such as science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Our past projects include the Career Equity Resource Center (CERC) and the Nontraditional Career Resource Center (NCRC), which promotes greater access and success in high-skill, high-demand careers for secondary and post-secondary students in Career and Technical Education Programs from marginalized populations, including women in nontraditional fields. We also provide support for the New Jersey Council on Gender Parity in Labor and Education including its women in STEM initiatives.
As of September 30th, CERC will no longer be hosted at Rutgers' Center for Women and Work. You can find many of the resources at: http://www.state.nj.us/
Providing high quality professional development opportunities and technical assistance for educators and administrators, as well as experiential programs for students regarding current equity issues and research, with a focus on gender, race/ethnicity, and socio-economic status.
- Evaluation of training and intervention programs for women and underrepresented groups in formal and informal education and career advancement programs.
- Implementing research and organizational policy on professional women (e.g., women in law, financial services, and STEM).
- Promoting and educating our constituents on equity in high-skill, high-demand occupations within the context of the state, regional, and nation workforce.
Click here for more information on our services, including program offerings, technical assistance and professional development for your school or organization.
- Nontraditional Career Resource Center
- Research and outreach for the New Jersey Council on Gender Parity in Labor and Education including:
- Annual Women in Science and Technology Summit
- Women in Law projects (see report below)
- New Jersey REFLECT Initiative (an evaluation of use of electronic portfolios for assessment in K-12 schools)
- New Jersey's Women in Science and Technology, 2008 summit report
- Legal Talent at the Crossroads: Why New Jersey Women Lawyers Leave Their Law Firms, and Why They Choose to Stay, 2009 report
- Green Now! Women Leading the Way in Science and Technology, New Jersey's Science and Technology Workforce, 2009 summit report
- Taking Initiative: Re-tooling for an Economy that Can Handle Curves, New Jersey's Science and Technology Workforce, May 2010 summit report
Terri Boyer at 848-932-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org